Sunday, December 05, 2010

There is life after snow with Keywest

Keywest on Shop Street today
It was worthwhile putting my fear of sliding on melted snow aside and going into town today. Keywest were launching their live album on Shop Street. Some not only stopped to listen, but danced too, specially when they played Don't Stop the Music by Rihanna. They even came up with this original version of Bad Romance by Lady Gaga and I loved the way they performed Alicia Keys' New York. It was captivating! 

I myself didn't miss the chance and got closer to record their cover for Maroon 5's She'll Be Loved after Pete bought both their albums: KeyWest Live in Los Angeles, which was recorded in Hollywood, and It Started on Shop Street. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find out they recorded a cover of U2's Where the Streets Have No Name. They're very versatile.